1. Identifies two things that interact with each other.
2. No indicator at this grade level.
1. Identifies an interaction of things within an environment.
2. Describes animals need for food and air.
1. Gives examples of interactions of things within a local environment.
2. Describes animals' need for food and air and plants need for sunlight.
1. Identifies and gives examples of the various interactions within a local environment.
2. Explains (Describes) interdependence in the environment by using photosynthesis as an example.
1. Examines how organisms depend on dead plant and animal material for food.
2. Gives examples of organisms responding to a changing environment.
1. Identifies how plants and animals depend on each other, in the exchange of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nutrients.
2. Explains how organisms respond to a constantly changing environment.
3. Explains how changes in a specific niche affect the population of organisms living there.